During our pursuit of happiness, we have moments where it seems the bounces aren’t going our way. We come across a few days in a row where it feels like bad news after bad news comes pouring in. Understand you’re never alone. We all go through these moments in life. These days happen and they are so important because they just make our best days so much better. So always be sure to take a few moments to count your blessings and to seek out the silver linings.
THINGS YOU CAN DO TO INSTANTLY BE HAPPIER
- Perform a small act of kindness. It can be something as simple as buying a coffee for the person in line behind you, complimenting a stranger, or donating your money/clothes/time to your local charity organization or food pantry.
- Be present in the moment & appreciate it.
- Call your parents.
- Surround yourself with your friends / turn on Comedy Central / YouTube “Funny Fails” the point here is to do something that makes you laugh.
- Organize a part of your life. Whether that be your bedroom, your desk at work or your schedule. By simply removing some of the clutter you will remove some of the stress that’s keeping you from being totally happy.
- Listen to music.
- Think positively.
- Drink lots of water.
- Read. If you’re not in the mood to read than write!
- Breathe deeply, or give yoga a try.
What things do you do that bring you instant happiness? Share by commenting below!