Mathew J. Myers of Manchester, NH
Public Relations Professional, Motivational Speaker, USA Hockey Video Coordinator
Specialities: Communications, Social Media, Public Speaking, Marketing, Media Relations, SEO Branding
The University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH
Bachelor of Arts in Communications, May 2013
Option: Business Applications
Communications Specialist for Northern Pass Transmission LLC, July 2013- Present
Video Coordinator Consultant for USA Hockey’s women’s Senior team, October 2013 – Present
- Introduced a new video-editing software program to the Coaching staff and team players
- Structured the program in such an efficient and effective format that allowed the Coaches’ easy viewing of team highlights, player tendencies and opponent pre-scout playlists
- Introduced an efficient in-game, pre-game, post-game and team meeting workflow
- Provided the Coaches and team with first-class team meeting presentations
- Show cased knowledge for video-editing and file sharing by conveniently providing the players with individual highlight reels as well as player shifts immediately after each game. Also developed team highlights, team concept films and motivational pre-game videos conveniently and affectively
- Illustrated the depth of the software by providing the team with individual and team statistics supported by video
- Received the respect and trust from the Coaching staff by providing insights on team strategies, in-game adjustments and post-game thoughts on team and player performances
Little CEO, Founder of Little Motivator, September 2010-Present
- Experienced motivational speaker
- Created, developed and grew a large digital presence via social media the Little Motivator brand
- Fully integrated Search-Engine Optimization plan
- Twitter has over 3,5000 followers, Facebook and Instagram has over 1,000 likes/followers
- Advocator of Little People of America, a non-profit dwarfism association
- Community contact for youth, teen, young adults and parents on social and personal consultation
Public Speaking Engagements: Hillside Middle School (April 2013), Hampstead Middle School (2013), Chester Academy (2013), Souhegan High School (February 2014)
Video Coordinator and Student Manager for the University of NH Men’s Hockey Program, October 2009 – April 2013
- Completing everyday tasks in coordinating video clips to further assist our coaches’ in the development of our players as well as our coaching systems incorporated in game play.
- Experience with SportsTech’s GameBreaker software and SmartBoard technology for breaking down game film and projecting it to the players in team meetings.
- Transitioned to XO’s Digital Thunder Hockey HD in 2012. Created a successful work flow amongst the coaches and the players in the breaking down of our games as well as pre-scouts into edits of positive and negative instances of chances, special teams, and systems that act as a beneficial and influential digital learning tool in the development of a successful Division 1 college hockey program.
- Created [Practice/Game] Concept DVDs as well as highlight reels for the team as well as individual players’ for scouting purposes.
Media Intern at Pannos-Winzeler Marketing, May 2012 – August 2012
- Worked on agency and client social media projects via Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn.
- Assisted in the creation/ongoing management of Facebook Business Pages.
- Researched, wrote and drafted press releases, financial articles and Facebook posts and promotions for clients.
- Contributed to the Pannos-Winzeler blog.
- Aided in research/creation of social media presentations for prospective clients as well as current clients.
- Gathered and organized media kits and communicated with media representatives.
- Organized and budgeted Google AdWords for clients as well as Google Alerts.
Digital Media Specialist at the UNH Learning Resource Center, January 2011- May 2013
- Digitizing VHS & DVD’s to stream online for the culture department.
- Create html files for professors to copy and paste onto their BlackBoard account.
- Hint DVD’s and VHS’s into two or three parts for easy viewing.
- Film foreign classes for professors, than editing for online course use.
- Transferring/Organizing files from different hard drives/servers.
- Manchester Mancunian, Good Good Manchester (July 2014)
- Published in the Huffington Post
- Featured on HerCampus
- Featured on Reddit
- Featured on EliteDaily
- President’s Award, UNH Hockey (March 2013)
Currently Involved in:
- Manchester Youth Professionals Network, February 2014 — Present
- NH Legends of Hockey, member of the Board of Directors, February 2014 — Present
- Trinity H.S. Varsity Hockey, Assistant Coach, November 2013 — Present
- Manchester Flames Youth Hockey, Assistant Coach, October 2013 — Present
Recently Involved in:
- UNH Men’s Hockey, Student Manager, 2009-2013
- Class President, Trinity High School, Manchester, NH; elected in 2005 and held the position until graduation in June of 2009.
- Manchester Regional Youth Hockey, 1995-2001
- USA Hockey Certified Official, 2002-2005
- Odyssey of the Mind—Divisions I and II, 1999-2007